Red Crescent Corps of Volunteer
“Build a corps of volunteers to create awareness in the communities for healthy and safe living and enhancing the capacities for disaster response and community resilience”
Volunteers are the “backbone” of the RCRC Movement. The involvement of youth and volunteers play a pivotal role in the implementation of PRC’s activities and maintain strong links and regular interaction with the targeted communities. The engagement of volunteers in building community resilience also contributes to the sustainability of the programs and ensures a permanent presence of PRC at community level. PRC, through extended outreach partnerships, will strengthen its existing volunteer base and significantly contribute to the IFRC Global Initiative of “One Billion Coalition for Resilience”. PRC will establish Community Emergency Response Teams of volunteers in all districts as well to strengthen the disaster response capacity. In a phased approach, PRC will enhance its presence and reach out to all communities, nationwide. It will train its volunteers (Red Crescent Corps) in promoting a culture of healthy and safe living. Our volunteers will be recruited from schools, colleges and universities, communities and different professions.
Core Activities of PRC Volunteers
- Promote a culture of healthy and safe living in their community.
- Prepare and respond to any emergency or disaster.
- Hazard profiling and mitigation efforts in their own area.
- Cleanliness drives to reduce spread of disease.
- Awareness campaigns to promote road safety.
- Perform duties during community congregations i.e. Moharram, Rabi-ul-Awal and Eids.
- “Go Green” – tree plantation and related activities.
- Promote a culture of peace, tolerance and non-violence through Community Watch.
- Peer to Peer Education on abovementioned activities.