PRC regards Human Resource Management (HRM) as the strategic and coherent approach to the management of an organization’s most valued assets – the people working there who individually and collectively contributes to the achievement of the objectives of the Society. Consequently, PRCS recently established an HR Department in 2009.
Human Resource Management is the organizational function that deals with recruitment and selection, compensation, performance management, organization development, safety, wellness, benefits, employee motivation, communication, administration and training.
PRC will ensure an appropriately structured HR department will be established across the organization.
All appropriate policies and manuals are developed, communicated and implemented.
Develop and implement strategies to increase skills and professionalism of Red Crescent staff and volunteers as well as to increase gender equity and awareness at all levels, through effective management.
- Maintain lean and efficient pool of human resource.
- Define PRC core and project staff.
- Ensure a coherent and market compatible salary structure, allowances and insurances.
- Develop smart JDs for core and project staff that provides the reference point for assignment of responsibilities, compensation and performance evaluation.
- Develop HR policies and procedures that address disparity and gender representation.
- Develop an Organizational Chart with clear chain of command.
- Ensure organizational culture in keeping with that of a humanitarian organization.
- Capacity building of staff and volunteers through trainings.
- Career development and job security.